The Perimart Marathon - Masai Mara is a series of exclusive and exciting events like no other held in Kenya! These events include half and full marathon, 1K, 5K and 10K fun runs and walks, 50K, 100K and 200Kchallenges, adventures, game drives in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, volunteering with community projects and a family friendly safari expedition like no other!
The series of events aim to raise funds for practical projects that promote the cause of education and poverty reduction. These projects are implemented by Mend the Gap UK charity and its partner NGO Perimart International. Participants are welcomed to volunteer and participate in some of these projects during and after the event.
There are 4 organisations involved in setting these activities, two each in UK and in Kenya as follows:
• Mend the Gap (MTG) - co-ordinates and oversees all overseas participation on the charity end of the events.
• Universally Local UK Plus Ltd (ULUP) - handles all registration, accommodation and travel arrangements for all overseas participants and spectators.
• Perimart Management Consultants Kenya Ltd (PMC) - handles all registration, accommodation and travel arrangements for all Eastern Africa based participants and spectators.
• Perimart International (PI) - co-ordinates and overseas all East African participation on the charity end of the events.
Planned Schedule of Activities
• Tuesday 14th August: Arrival in Nairobi and travel to Perimart Nalepo Marathon village camp in Masai Mara
• Wednesday 15th August: 1K, 5K and 10K Charity Sponsored Walk
• Thursday 16th August: 1K, 5K and 10K Charity Sponsored Run
• Friday 17th August: Full and Half Marathon (42 and 21 kilometres)
• Saturday 18th August: 50K, 100K and 200K Bike Ride
The marathon event itself ends on the Saturday, however those wishing to stay longer to take part in game drives, parties, gigs, cultural events, guided nature walks in the Mara, volunteering in Perimart International and Mend the Gap projects, can contact email@example.com.
Please visit our Contacts page for details of how to get in touch with the right organisation with any questions you may have.